Saturday 14 November 2009

3. That Absent Stare, Adekola Sound (2001)

xoxoxoxox

If I hadn't left Rupert at the bar that night in April 2001, and wandered up the stairs of the Betsey Trotwood in Clerkenwell to hear the support band, my life would have been very different. I wouldn't have heard the boy with the soft, high voice, and the song with a brilliant break in one verse where silence seemed to swirl out of the windows and make its way down to Farringdon. I didn't know then that a comment I left about the band on a messageboard would get us in touch, leading me to a pub in Muswell Hill, and the group of lovely, funny friends that would become a big reason for me to stay put in London. I also didn't know then that the boy with the soft, high voice would become mine some years later, and that when the decade would end, he would still be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment